Born: Seattle, Washington, August 15, 1955; honors graduate, Gonzaga University (B.A., Psychology, 1978; emphasis in Biology); junior year in Florence, Italy; Juris Doctor Degree, University of Washington, (1988); eighteen years active and reserve service in the United States Army, receiving both U.S. and foreign decorations and awards including Airborne-Ranger and French Army Commando qualifications. Regional radio talk show host of Estate and Business Planning heard weekly on 570 KVI Talk Radio (AM.)
Holds the AV Peer Review Rating by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell, which identifies a lawyer with very high to preeminent legal ability...
Practice is an interdisciplinary, counseling-oriented practice offering a full ranges of planning services and mid to high-end strategies that accomplish client goals. Law Firm clientele is regional, covering Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. Client representations include estate & gift tax planning, estate & gift tax audits, asset protection, business planning and succession, and charitable planning.
Law Firm serves primarily mid to high net worth client families with a normative individual client owning a taxable estate value between $3 million and $50 million. Normative business client is a family-owned business with up to 100 employees and/or $50 million in annual sales.
Principal Faculty Member and co-presenter of Trusts 101 (2007 National Business Institute, Inc.); Probate: Beyond the Basics (2007 National Business Institute, Inc.); Asset Protection Strategies for Washington Physicians (2006 National Business Institute, Inc.)
- Co-author, WealthCounsel Document Assembly System (WealthCounsel, LLC) and WealthCounsel Asset Transfers System (WealthCounsel, LLC)
- Co-author, The Domestic Asset Protection Trust System (Wealth Counsel, LLC)
- Co-creator, WealthDATA and GoldDATA, Practice Master Managment Software Systems for Estate Planners
- Creator and Co-author, The Family Wealth SystemTM, an Estate Planning Course and System for Advanced Estate Planning, WealthCounsel, LLC
- Co-author, The Family Limited Partnership and LLC Planning Compendium (Unabridged) (WealthCounsel, LLC)
- Co-author, The Family Limited Partnership Planning Compendium (Abridged) (1999 National Network, Inc.)
- Co-author, The Business Planning Course; (WealthCounsel, LLC)
- Co-author, The Business Succession Course; (1996 National Network, Inc.); The Family Farm: Ideas On Keeping, Prospering From It, Harvest Times and Farm and Ranch News, 1994)
- Contributor, The Living Trust Workbook, (Esperti & Peterson, Penguin Books, 1995)
- Co-author of Exit Routes for Business Owners, Journal of Practical Estate Planning Feb/Mar 2005
- Author of monographs entitled Integrated Estate and Asset Protection Planning; The Alaska Trust; The Family Bank: Intergenerational Success with a Family Limited Partnership; Integrated Estate and Asset Protection Planning; Limited Liability Companies; The Rise of the Family Investment Company; The Voluntary Tax System: Making Your Tax Dollars Count.
- Contributing author to Senior Guidebook, distributed throughout the Greater Puget Sound area.
Principal Faculty Member/Coordinator for the BDO Seidman, LLP international accounting practices Annual Tax Conferences (Family Wealth Group) in 2002 and 2003. Professional lectures written and presented include: Managing the Estate Tax Audit; EGTRRA: The Economic Growth and Tax Recovery Reconciliation Act of 2001; Master Your Marketplace; The Family Wealth SystemTM; Sham Trusts; Family Business Succession Planning; Community Property for Common Law Attorneys; Family Limited Partnership Planning; Estate & Asset Protection Planning; Estate Planning for Insurance Professionals; Estate Planning Practice for CPAs; The CPA as Family Wealth Consultant; Offshore & Asset Protection Planning.
Practice Areas Estate & gift tax planning, estate & gift tax audits, asset protection, business planning and succession, and charitable planning
Admitted Alaska, Oregon and Washington before the Federal Bar & IRS
Law School University of Washington, (1988)
College Gonzaga University (B.A., Psychology, 1978; emphasis in Biology); junior year in Florence, Italy; Juris Doctor Degree
Member Principal Member of Wealth Counsel, LLC; Fellow, The Esperti Peterson Institute; Member of the American Bar Association, the Alaska, Oregon, and Washington State Bar Associations; the Estate Planning Council of Seattle; Phi Delta Phi International Legal Fraternity.